Laman

Thursday, May 26, 2016

We could be in Love__



An hour of punching and kicking brought me to a rest under a mango tree by the roadside. 

Absorbing the serenity of the morning, my listening to the birds was invaded by a sound of a different nature: wheels creaking. Dull and annoying, it made my eyes turn to stare at the source. 

Appeared in sight two old people were walking like a couple of toddlers. I reckoned the man pulling the cart was a garbageman. The woman who I presumed his wife gently wiped the beads of sweat rolling down his cheeks. 

These two humans looked much older at their 40s and a clear reflection beneath the wrinkles was suffering they have been through. But against all odds, both souls unmistakably conveyed a single language of universal truth: mutual sweetness. 

I stood in awe of the couple passing by without even a quick glance at me. I heard them whispering words of softness.  They kept looking one to another; the cart seemed to move forward by itself. I witnessed how his legs have been out of shape, legacy of years of hauling away loathsome filth. 

A closer examination revealed the depth those wrinkles have multiplied over time. But the face of the man expressed joy. The face of the woman expressed happiness. They were lovebirds! 

I was standing there a stranger, a signpost mistakenly placed.

-kesahajaan cinta (such simplicity of love)-

No comments:

Post a Comment